Ayutthaya – archaeological experience
You are here: Home / Destinácie / Asia / Thailand / Ayutthaya – archaeological experience
Ayutthaya – the former capital of Siam, or the Kingdom of Krung Tai. Today it attracts many monuments, palaces, temples, various Buddhas. It is simply one large archaeological museum.
Ayutthaya – What To See
The historic city of Ayutthaya
The ruins of all the most important buildings and temples have been repaired and renovated. Today, the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city is not far from Bangkok (about 80km) and therefore you can make a day trip by train. Definitely worth a visit.
If you have more time, it pays to go here for longer.
- Wat Maha That – temple with the head of a Buddha overgrown in a tree
- Wat Ratchaburana – Incredible Tribal Prangs
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet – temple with 3. Stupami
- Wat Lokayasutharam – a statue of a great reclining Buddha
- Wat Chai Watthanaram – a large river temple complex
- Wat Yai Chaimongkol – a temple with a large number of Buddhas
- Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit – Buddhist temple
- Wat Phra Ram
- Wat Phu Khao Thong and King Naresuan Monument
Ayutthaya – the capital of Siam
Bangkok – the gateway to SE Asia
Bangkok – the bustle of the city
Erawan NP and the bridge over the River Kwai – waterfalls and the famous bridge